Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pretty Simple






Found something I wrote about back in the Spring of 2012 and I still find it to be true...

I am learning more about myself in my 40's than I knew about myself the last twenty some years!

I am realizing that I am pretty simple! I don't need fancy clothes or fancy food or fancy cars or fancy houses. I am rather content in jeans and a t-shirt and comfy shoes! I don't wear a lot of make-up; I don't get my nails done often and I am okay with that!

I find great joy and contentment being with my family and friends. Just hanging out; playing games etc. I like good books; I love going out to lunch with a friend.
I like Saturday & Sunday mornings enjoying a cup of coffee with my husband. (one of my favorite things)

I spent  a lot of my twenties and thirties trying to be someone I thought people expected me to be. I spent many days doing what I didn't want to do or even like to do for that matter. All for the sake of trying to be "nice." 

I gauged how I was doing as a Mom by comparing myself to others. I was very hard on myself if I didn't have my dinner menus planned out or a chore chart of what to be accomplished.
Looking back I realize most of my stress and disappointment I put on myself. There were lies I believed. 

I see now that the enemy of our soul wants to continually keep us in a place where we don't feel worthy. We believe his lies that we are not "good enough; thin enought; organized enough etc."

Wow! I am 49 and am just now realizing that The Lord loves me just as I am! He gave me desires different than someone else's desires.

Lately in my devotional reading I am learning "It's all about the heart." Jesus most of all wants me to love Him with and from my "whole" heart! Not half, not partial ~ all of it! Completely!

The more that I read God's word I believe that it's the condition of our heart that The Lord is concerned with the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!