Friday, April 17, 2009

Can I pray for you....?

Dogwood trees are one of my favorite trees. It was when I was living in Olympia, WA that I first discovered them. They are so amazing! Beautiful and elegant! When we moved back to California I knew I wanted to still enjoy the beauty of the dogwood tree. Larry purchased one for me a couple of years ago. This year it really took off and the blooms make me smile!
Legend of The Dogwood Tree Story:
Two thousand years ago, few trees in the Middle East were big enough to construct anything. However, one tree was valued above the others for its thick trunk and fine, strong wood. When the Romans came to rule over Jerusalem, their government used this same timber to build the crosses for executing criminals. A group of workers were assigned to gather wood for the crosses. Before long, every Roman official knew the best wood came from these gatherers of execution wood, so those workers became popular. One day, the wood gatherers received a special request. An officer of the Roman court came and said, "The King of Jews is to be put to death. Deliver an extra-large cross made from your finest wood." So, a fresh tree was cut from the forest of the trees with thick trunks and fine, strong wood. An extra-tall (and extra-heavy) cross was quickly made and delivered.
How awesome of God to put so much detail into one tree! Imagine all of the different species of trees there are out there let alone the different flowers and plants. If he put that much detail in a tree how much more did he pour into us when creating us. Each one of us individually. He has designed us in such a way to uniquely reach those who he has placed us in contact with. There are people that you will be able to reach that I won't be able to reach with the love of Christ.
It says in Psalm 86:9 "All the nations - and you made each one - will come and bow before you, Lord; they will praise your great and holy name."
Dear Lord,
Thank you for knowing each one of us by name. Thank you for knowing what causes me concern each day. Be with my blog sisters and know there needs. I ask that you will make yourself close and hear there urgent cry. Give all of us happiness, O Lord, for my life depends on you.
(Ps. 86:4)
In your precious name amen...
*p.s. below in the comment section if you have a need, please feel free to leave it there and I will faithfully be in prayer regarding your request or you can email me @ shelley.merrell@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the story of the dogwood. My daughter did a state project on Virginia and dogwood is the state flower and tree... she inserted this story..
    God's love us is just amazing.
    I love your blog and I am glad I found it.
    Kelly
    http://www.amazingsalvation.com

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!