Thursday, April 23, 2009

My son Chase turns "18" today...4/23/2009!

Our son Chase Andrew Merrell turned "18" today. When he was little everyone would say, "enjoy everyday because they grow up fast." I would graciously smile and nod to be polite. Not even realizing how right they would be. What a blessing to be trusted with a child to raise and the gift it is to pour love into a little human being. I am so proud of him and I am excited about what God has in store for his life. He will be graduating soon and will begin a new chapter of his life. Oh what adventures are in store for him! So I am one of those "everyones" now encouraging all of you Moms of young ones to cherish everyday. Even if it seems mundain find the joy in them. When they are small it seems like those days will last forever. Dirty hands, spills, diapers, sleepless nights etc. these will pass faster than you realize. Hug them, encourage them be their greatest cheer-leader! Faithfully pray for them and ask God to make himself real to them. "Happy Birthday Chase!" Love, Mom

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Happy Birthday to Chase!

    "The days can last a lifetime, but the years go by in the blink of an eye."

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chase, I can remember when you looked like the picture your Mom posted here...it seems like only yesterday! What a blessing it's been to be a part of your life, to see the fine young man you've become. Hope you had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed every minute of your special day!

    Love and hugs,
    --Marlys and the rest of your extended family in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!