Monday, April 13, 2009

Mr. Landon Philip Merrell

That's my boy! My handsome 16 year old son. He is always thinking and creating. He has a love for music and playing instruments and also enjoys drama and singing. At any given time you can walk by his room and hear him playing the key board or playing the guitar and singing a song he is working on. He also loves to read comic books i.e. "Pearls Before Swine" by Stephen Pastis being is favorite. He has a way of making people laugh. I am thankful for a son who loves the Lord with all of his heart! He has a passion for serving God. Praise the Lord! I encourage all of you Moms out there to pray continually for your children. Always asking God to be your child's constant companion and encourager. To be the still small voice they can hear in a crowded and loud room. We need to pray that our children will always "Delight themselves in the Lord, so He will bless them with the desires of their heart." Psalm 37:4 Children really are a reward from the Lord. It is to Him that I am constantly grateful and thankful for the blessing of being a mom. Lord help me to be real with my sons. Help me to be transparent and available to them when they need me to be there the most! Guide me in how I guide them. Let me always point them to your cross and your word for the ulitmate direction in their lives. In your precious name.... Amen

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Landon Merrell, you are looking much more Mr. than boy. Please get out a Lego set and put something together...quickly. We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I can only hope that my 3 kids will love the LORD with all their hearts, soul, and strength. This is my constant prayer. I pray for the 5 P's:
    Love of Purity.
    Love to Praise God.
    Their future Partner.
    Pals that push them closer to God.
    Protection from things seen and unseen.

    Thank you for your encouragement! What a great family! God has truly blessed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shelley,
    My how time passes-the boys so big.
    Happy belated birthday. Will you be down this summer. Can you believe we will have high school graduates. For you your first, for me
    my baby. Times goes by-sooooooo fast
    much love,
    Kim Kirk

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!