Friday, April 10, 2009

My family celebrated my 44th birthday with me today! We began the day going to Panera Bread and enjoying breakfast together. We came back to the house and the kids and my hubby blessed me with gifts and yummy chocolate cake baked by my niece Kaylee. I have to admit I think it's easier to celebrate other people's birthdays than it is to celebrate my own. It's hard for me to receive sometimes. I would rather be the one giving. I know I need to work on that. Jesus wants me to work on that too! He wants me to learn to receive his love and blessings and gifts he has in store for me. He wants me to sit at his feet more often and just "be." Lord, help me to be okay with being quiet and still and receiving all that you have for me. It's when my souls quiets down that I will be able to hear your still small voice. For your word says, "Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts." Proverbs 8:34 Thank you for my family that shows their love to me and makes me feel important and special. I am truly blessed beyond measure. I love you Lord! In your precious name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Shelly,
    What a sweet day. I'm glad your birthday was so enjoyably for you. Like you, I would would rather be the one giving instead of receiving. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They are a great reminder that our God is a good God who always wants to give us sweet gifts!

    Be blessed!

    Cherie (Praying Wives Club) :o)

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!