Monday, April 6, 2009

My cute Dad and beautiful Mom. In Februrary they celebrated 39 years of marriage. Whew! Mom is an example to me in so many areas. She has taught me so much. Especially in the area of being a prayer warrior and reading God's word. Anything that comes up that is important to us in our family whether it be for Larry, Chase, Landon or I the first person we think of calling is Mom/Grandma. When my friends mention a special prayer need I always say I will pass that information on to my mom because she will pray too! I can remember from early on getting up and finding my mom having her devotions in "her" chair with her cup of coffee. She has created the tradition of keeping a prayer journal for her grand-kids. Several times thru the years she has traced the kids handprints in her journal. This way she can place her hand on their outlined hands and pray for them while they are away about their day. What a legacy! Who are you being a prayer mentor to? We all can become a prayer warrior mentor for someone in our life. Whether it be our spouse, our siblings, our kids, our neighbors, our co-worker etc. What an awesome ever-lasting gift to pass on from generation to generation. In the book "Footprints of a Pilgram" by Ruth Bell Graham, Anne Graham Lotz says that her mother made God's Word "more to be desired that gold" by her own example.... Wow! I want and desire to become that kind of a mom, daugher, friend etc. To lead by example, by doing and not just talking about it. Lord, I want to hide your word in my heart daily and never cease to pray about those things that cause me or my friends or loved ones concern. May you help me to always remember that someone somewhere is watching my example. Let it be an example of how to draw nearer to you. I pray for my family and friends today. Make yourself as close as to them as the mention of your name, "Jesus." In your precious name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for the example my Mom was to me of her love and faith in Jesus, and also from Grandma Betty. Their love and devotion to Jesus help mold me to be who I am today.

    Your blog has blessed me immensely and I am so very proud of you and the wonderful christian examples you and Laura are for your families.

    I am thankful also for the wonderful christian husbands God has given to you and Laura. I Praise The Lord For All of You and for allowing me to be your Mom and a Grandmother to all five of my wonderful Grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!