Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Vertigo - makes you feel like you're spinning or whirling...

One minute you are fine and the next minute you find yourself trying to get your balance. I don't know if any of you have ever had an episode of Vertigo. It is a specific type of dizziness, a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is actually stationary with respect to the surroundings. Sometimes it can last a few seconds, a few hours or in my case so far almost a week so far. According to the Dr. the official name of my illness is: Labyrinthitis. It's a problem deep in side the inner ear. It happens when the labyrinth, a part of the inner ear that helps control your balance, gets swollen and inflamed. The inflamation may cause sudden vertigo. This makes you feel like you're spinning or whirling. Okay so that's what is going on with me right now. Sometimes as Christians I think we can get a spiritual form of vertigo. We are walking along with the Lord on a smooth road. When all of a sudden the path up ahead of us we can't seem to get into focus. We think we have plenty of the word of God in us to support us and keep us steady to handle anything that the world has to offer us. Then BAMM! Spiritually we are finding it hard to keep our balance. We look around for something to hold onto. This comes upon us suddenly without warning. For me I am looking at this physical illness as a wake up call to action. To be thankful daily for my health. To be thankful for my right mind. To be thankful that I can stand, walk, run etc. This has caused me to relate this to my walk with Christ. I can never have enough of God's word in me to sustain me. I daily need to enter into His presence and seek Him and devour His word. I don't want to find myself with spiritual vertigo. I want to stand firmly planted on the solid foundation of God's word and I want my daily prayer life to be fresh and not stale. God's word says: In Psalm 18: 29-30, 32-33 & 36 v29 For by Thee I can run upon a troop; And by my God I can leap over a wall. v30 As for God, His way is blamless; The word of the Lord is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. v32 The God who girds me with strength, And makes my way blameless? v33 He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me upon my high places. v36 Thou dost enloarge my steps under me, And my feet have not slipped. May God be our stability! May He hold us up with his right hand both in the physical and in the spiritual. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!