Monday, July 27, 2009

Three for tea...

On Friday I had the pleasure of having two of my neighborhood friends over for tea. They happen to be sisters and they happen to be twins! Eight year olds who are on there way to being in the third grade. A while ago, actually Christmas time...they had given me an adorable cookie jar filled with packaged cookies. I mentioned that we would have to have a tea party sometime to enjoy the cookies. Here it is summer and I thought I better get on that. I arranged with my friends to come over so I could make good on that suggestion and celebrate with them the joy of taking time out for tea! Quite simple and easy. We had p&j's; egg salad sandwiches; sliced nectarines; cookies and cherry flavored suckers and mango fruit tea of course along with some strawberry/lemonade flavored mix. What is something you need to make good on? Those things we mention casually of doing someday. Make time to do those things! You will be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. Shelley,

    This is a time with you that those little girls will remember forever. What a wonderful thing to do.
    Love You,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley,

    I know 2 other little girls (and one big one) who would love to be at that tea party! You pass down such great traditions when you model that for others. We have great memories of doing that because of what you've modeled for us! I just might pull together a tea party today!

    Thanks for the sweet memories,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!