Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chase is off to Fiji 7/8 thru 7/22

Here Chase goes again! Off to do what he feels God has called him to do. Share Jesus with the Fijian people. He is looking forward to seeing Talla Talla Bill (Talla=Pastor). I am excited to hear what God does thru the team while they are there! Last year Chase was so moved by a young man who led worship in the village. He led worship with no instrument. At the end of the trip Chase felt like God was telling him to give him his guitar. The young worship leader was so thankful, he cried and kept telling Chase thank you. Soon after Chase returned home from Fiji, one day I found him crying in the church foyer. I came up to him to ask if everthing was okay. He just shook his head yes! His youth pastor Kyle Bethke followed the leading of the Lord and gave Chase his guitar. Isn't that awesome? God has a way of always providing. When Chase originally gave his guitar away he had no idea God would provide him another one so soon. I love this faithwalk we are on. Sometimes things just don't make sense when we hear the voice of the Lord. We can sometimes come up with so many excuses of why we should or should not do something. That's where we just need to obey and trust. God's word says 1 Samuel 15:22 To obey is better than sacrafice. That scripture makes me think of the late Keith Green's song. What an awesome God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!