Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hike from Big Meadows to Dardanelles Lake

This weekend I accomplished a "first." First time hiking into the woods with a 35 lb. pack on my back. Four miles up and and four miles down. We stayed over night. Yes...I came home alive! There were some parts where I thought I can't do this! I just had to keep putting one foot in front of the other. The power of pressing on towards the goal! The flowers, the meadow, the lake, the scenery was beautiful! I never thought dehyrdrated food could taste so good! We had Teryiaki Beef with rice for dinner and Blueberry Cheesecake for dessert. This morning scrambled eggs with bacon and granola cereal w/powdered milk. I would encourage all of you to do this and possibly put it on your 1001 things to do before you die list. We went with two other couples. Steve and Parisa Holt and Bob and Rachel Silva. We had a great time experiencing this together. Crazy how the encouragement of "Good Job"; "Your doing great"; "We're almost there!" would help us to keep going! Team work for sure! My husband led the way. He loves the outdoors. Everything about it! He took good care of me while out in the wilderness. He even brought up a small/mini coffee perculator so we could have fresh hot coffee! I fall in love with him more each day!

1 comment:

  1. Shelley!! I am so proud of you! What a great experience, and what a great memory you made together! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!