Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I want to learn to live with Less Stuff...


Time to enjoy a cup of tea... I am on a personal journey for the next couple of months. I want to spend the rest of my life living differently. I plan to go thru the things in my life that are weighing me down mentally, spiritually, physically and my personal possessions. I am being drawn to becoming a sort of a minimalist. I am realizing more and more that stuff has really become a source of clutter and stress in my life. I have allowed consumption of things to take away precious time I could be using towards "living."

I have bought into the whole corporate, advertising, consumerism thing. I have a lot of un-learning to do. This process is going to take some time. I did not acquire the stuff over night so I know I will not emliminate the stuff over night. I believe God has so much more for us. I believe the real stealer of time is "stuff." I believe God longs for us to have more time to spend with him. I believe he longs for our minds to be quiet and still and so we can hear His voice.

I desire to live a life with meaning and value. I want to have more time to listen to people. I want to hear their stories. I want to learn about new things. I want to spend my Saturdays playing and creating memories. I want to ask God to use me in ways that have eternal value.

I am up for this challenge more than ever before! I need the Lord in this "life transformation" process. I cannot do this on my own. I do know that "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. Shelly,
    You inspire me, I am going to take your lead and get busy doing the same thing. I am determined (: - to get this done.

    I love you bigger than the sky. You are a great Daughter, Wife and Mother and I am so proud of you.
    Love & Prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!