Friday, July 22, 2011

Perfect Peace...


Doesn't this scene look like a postcard? This was literally just a few yards outside of the little place we stayed in at Sea Ranch. The scenery around us was so peaceful. This was taken about 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon.
Those peaceful days we all wish could and would last forever. 

It says in 
Isaiah 26:3-4
 (ESV)
3 You keep him in perfect peace
   whose mind is stayed on you,
   because he trusts in you.

4Trust in the LORD forever,

   for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

Wow! Perfect peace if we keep our mind on Jesus! What does perfect peace look like? For me when I think of peace I think of my heart and mind being at a  quiet still place. Not worrying continually. My focus is centered on Christ even while chaos is going on all around me. Even when things don't make sense I just know things are going to be okay because my hope is in the Lord.

The enemy's goal is to rob us of our peace. He wants us to forget where our strength comes from. He likes to stir up anxiousness in our hearts and minds. He wants us to waste our days worrying about tomorrow. 

I want to get more of God's word in me so that I am prepared ahead of time when those things that are hard to deal with come my way.

Colossians 3:15

 (ESV)

15And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
I believe if we continually commit our heart to the Lord there will always be room for him to consume it with his peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!