Saturday, July 16, 2011

But as for me and my house...Joshua 24:15


If you were to talk with a few of my family members or friends who are like family...they would agree with me that I have had more than the average amount of addresses in our 27 + years of being married.

Each address holds a special place in my heart. We have had the blessing of meeting so many wonderful people at each place. God assigned those specific people he wanted us to meet at the specific time he knew we would be living there. 

No matter where we have lived we have always made the choice to declare:
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

What a peace in knowing that Lord lives in us and we take him with us where-ever we go! That saying, like I heard recently from one of my friends' blogs "Where-ever you are Be there!" Is so true! Sometimes we can get in a habit of living in a place as if it is temporary. So we don't make friends, we just keep to ourselves because in our mind when we move to that home or that city then we will put down roots and invest in the lives of others. More and more each day I am reminded that this world is not our home. We are just merely passing through. Pray that the Lord would use your family as an example of God's love in your neighborhood.  Pray that you might be a link to bringing them to the Lord.






1 comment:

  1. I attest how true this is. We have met so many awesome people we would otherwise never have met. Such a blessing. Gods ways are better than our ways.

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!