Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Time to enter a new door...


Pictures for me create a curiosity for me sometimes. For example the doors in this picture. Where is the setting of this picture? What city is it in? Who lives behind the door etc.?

Sometimes I have a curiosity about some doors I have not entered due to fear of the unknown. I have been feeling a tug of curiosity in my heart lately. What new doors would the Lord have me enter and what old doors would he have me close? I think sometimes I get so familiar with the doors I frequently enter (figuratively speaking) that I don't even ask my self why? for how long? when did I arrive here? etc.

Just like there are the four seasons I believe the Lord has seasons for our lives.What am I waiting for? What are you waiting for? I challenge you as I challenge myself to begin asking the Lord to help me to readily accept the new seasons that come my way. To be willing to knock on a few new doors and then being willing to enter through them when they open.

Matthew 7: 7-8
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!