Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A bird's view of things...



On a weekend in Sea Ranch our family was walking around the quaint little town. I looked up and happened to see this little guy sitting on top of his house. I love birds & I love bird-houses.  I love how they can make their home just about anywhere. 

God tends to talk a lot about birds in His word. He talks about doves, eagles, ravens and many more. I read in Psalm 50:1 where it says He knows all of the birds of the mountains... Imagine that?
 In Matthew 10:29 it says, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father." 

He gave each bird variety their own attributes:
The Eagle: keen eyesight
Dove: harmless & peaceful
Sparrows:  flock together & will gather in thousands to protect their territory
Finches: they love to sing & sociable
Ravens: plunder and seize

We can learn so much from the birds. I want to have their view of things. I want to have keen eyesight into what God sees in me and those around me. I want to be peaceful. I want to join hands with fellow believers and pray for God's direction and protection over the territory he has placed us in. I want to sing  to the Lord more. I want to be friendly and I want others to see Jesus living in me. I want to seize the daily opportunities the Lord provides to me. 
His word says...
Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?
Matthew 6:26







No comments:

Post a Comment

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!