Saturday, September 10, 2011

Married to my Best Friend for 28 years!


Two kids crazy about each other! Me "18" and Larry "19" here in this engagement picture. 

On our wedding day Larry and I were so excited to begin our lives together. Larry turned "20" about two weeks before we were married. Neither one of us had a dependable car to go on a honeymoon with and we were too young to rent a car. So our dear friend who had a very nice new Honda Accord graciously lent it to us so we could go up the coast. 

God really has blessed me with the desires of my heart as it talks about in Psalm 37:4. I claimed this verse long before Larry and I were married. Over and over again along this 28 year adventure God has continued to bless me with my desires. I am thankful to be married to my best friend.

My husband is the "rock" in our family. He keeps everything running smoothly in our home. He is a man of wisdom who loves the Lord with all of his heart! He is slow to speak. (I am not, lol!) He is an amazing Dad to our two sons Chase and Landon.

I look forward to many more years with Larry in our adventure together!
I love him more than life itself!


September 10, 1983





1 comment:

  1. Shelley, I remember that day as if it were yesterday. Happy 28th Anniversary. We love you both and are so proud of you and so thankful for the wonderful grandsons you and Larry has given to us. Much love and prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!