Sunday, September 4, 2011

A room of my own...I have waited a long time for this.


Just the beginning...
Being the Mom of two sons has been a wonderful thing! They are now 18 and 20. My niece recently got married and moved out into her and her hubby's place. I can now think about creating a place of my own. A peaceful and quiet space. A place where I can think and process many of the oh so daily stuff. I didn't realize how much I needed this. 

I feel like a little girl! Nothing really matches exactly (which I love)! I have blended a little of this and a little of that. Most of the things have been second-hand finds, home-made gifts received through the years etc. 


A few things here are waiting to find their home on the wall. 


I found this lovely desk on Craigslist...(exactly what I was imagining), maple chair discover at the Goodwill store, just needed a quick face lift with a can of Ivory spray paint and I found the perfect quilted rose printed chair pad on my recent visit to Ross.


A view from the closet side of the room...


Hand-stitched throw pillows, embroidered pillow cases (by my mother-n-law Norma) are just a few of the things on the bed along with my dear Yorkie "Starbuck" who has already managed to find a comfy place to take a nap. 

I am thankful for the simple things that bring joy in the daily...

Be watching for more updates on the room soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My boys...

My boys...
Landon and Chase

About Me

My photo
I have been happily married to my best friend since September 10, 1983! We have been blessed with two sons Chase and Landon along with three awesome nieces and two amazing nephews!